Our client, located in the Memphis area, is currently looking for a Purchasing Assistant. Our client provides a unique opportunity to be a part of a strong team in a growing industry.
- Must have very strong Excel skills. Candidates will be tested in Excel.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to multi-task, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to re-prioritize throughout the day to accommodate changes.
- Excellent attention to details and strong organizational skills.
- Proven supplier relationship and negotiating skills.
- Experience in supply chain management preferred
- Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability and willingness to work cooperatively with others
- Ability to quickly master inventory management system
- High degree of discretion dealing with confidential information
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing with staff and vendors.
- Experience with AS400 is a plus.
- Create all purchase orders for products.
- Work with distributors and vendors to enter purchase orders online or via email.
- Determine if stock inventory quantities are sufficient and order more materials when necessary.
- Purchases inventory, consumables, and services in accordance with company policies
- Ensures all needs of the sales initiative are purchased so that business can run efficiently with minimal downtime
- Periodically reviews reorder needs to ensure they are adequate
- Recommends promotional, seasonal, and opportunistic buys outside the reorder needs
- Uses all resources available to ensure just in time inventory whenever possible
- Stays current on the industry and ensures locations are stocked with innovative products in demand by our customers
- Reviews turn and eliminate stock before inventory trends are down
- Minimizes obsolete and clearance inventory through quick response to market trends
- Provides analytics to management
- Assists with annual physical inventory and periodic inventory counts
- Ability to operate office equipment in a safe and effective manner.
- Communicate any changes in the expected delivery date, quantity, color or item to sales staff.
- Respond to sales rep inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations.
- Contact suppliers to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.